Are you tried to finding a complete essay on corruption?
Don’t be worry here you get a corruption essay, that is chosen for you from an authentic book.
As the requests of the people, we are written this essay on corruption in Pakistan from the book “Prosecutor Recruitment Guide“. Let’s Get Started!
Introduction of Corruption:
We in Pakistan are breathing in a culture, which, for no better description, can be called the culture of corruption, and it has permeated every facet of our life. NO institution is without its black sheep whose number is ever on the Increase. As a matter of fact, we seem to be developing immunity towards corruption. Indulgence in corruption is no longer looked upon as an immoral and shameful act. Rather a person who does not avail of the opportunity to amass wealth is looked down upon either as a coward or a fool. The cultural cycle is thus complete and we are in the grip of its spiral.
Religion and the moral codes or examples of earlier heroes of honesty have faded to produce any healthy influence. Under the very shade of anti-bribery advertisement boards upon which is inscribed the Hadith that the “bribe giver, as well as the taker, are Both doomed for hell”, the business of giving and receiving bribe goes on uninterrupted, on all the Important traffic crossings.
Origin of Corruption:
The Second World War gave an unprecedented impetus to corruption in the Indo-Pak Subcontinent. The gigantic war effort provided an excellent opportunity to grow Wartime controls and scarcities opened new doors to the realm of bribery, corruption, favoritism, and nepotism. The termination of war was followed by acute political struggle and the communal conflicts, strikes, violence, loot and, rape became the order of the day. Corruption began to wear new hues and halo. _Essay on Corruption
Against this turbulent background, Pakistan emerged on the world map as a sovereign Muslim state. But the new situation was very challenging to the existing government servants who had often been victims of Hindu atrocities and British persecution. After independence, the miraculously became fired with the zeal and zest for national service. They discharged their duties and obligations with religious fervor.
They were inspired by a remarkable sense of dedication and patriotism. Their infinite and enthusiasm enabled the nation to face major dangers and disasters. It looked as if the new nation was about to touch the peaks of human development and dignity.
- Population Explosion Essay for CSS and ADPP Students
- Complete Pollution Essay | Essay on Pollution in English
Unfortunately, the fever of honesty and dedication had a very short-lived spell. It seems as if It was a lull before the furious cyclone of corruption, which subsequently swept the entire nation and whose tightening grip has continued to stiffen even till today. The mad-rush tor easy money and the emergence of a newly born wealthy but immature class (Nouveau) added fuel to the fire.
Since that day the tides of corruption continue to rise higher and higher. It has gained firmer roots in the arrogant bureaucracy and the greedy traders and the rowdy politicians. The post-war and post-independent corrupt trends and the recurrent Martial Law regimes and the atmosphere of political instability and cultural stalemate further reinforced tendencies. This disastrous development is the most unfortunate event in the whole of our socio-economic history.
Modes of Corruption:
(1) Petty Corruption
(2) Routine Corruption, and
(3) Chronic Corruption
- Petty corruption involves favoritism and nepotism. Such corrupt officials. deviate from the present rules and regulations in minor ways with the delinquent intent of benefiting family members, relatives or friends.
- Routine type of corrupt behavior consists of common malpractices such as accepting “gifts” or “parties”. Nepotism in official posting appointments, clandestine (under the country) and contracts also fall under the same category of corruption.
3. Chronic Corruption involves an ignominious patronization and promotion of all sorts of corrupt deals. It is the culminating stage in the evolution of corrupt behavior when the glare and glamour of money blur rather completely dispel the fear of God and the love of people. After having practiced petty and routine corruption through various evasive deuces and deceptive techniques, the mighty civil servant eventually attains the highest peaks of degradation and degeneration. _Essay on Corruption
Causes of Corruption:
There must be many reasons why we have come to this unfortunate state of affairs. We may enumerate some of them. But the list is in no way exhaustive.
- Evacuee property and evacuee laws.
- Structure of Income-tax.
- Discretionary powers are given to the bureaucracy particularly, for new development projects.
- We have forgotten Islamic teachings.
- Withdrawal of constitutional protection to civil servants.
- President political instability in the country.
- Poverty is the main cause of corruption due to lack of social security by the government everyone trying to become powerful Via corruption.
- Political Instability.
- Frustration, depression, and anxiety.
- Crimes at large scale, Bad image in the world.
- Investment, so degradation of the economy immoral society.
- Injustice and uncertainty Insecure future of the youth.
- Disunity or disintegration of the country, (Fall of Dacca and Karachi Crisis) Corruption is generating more corruption.
- It is also necessary that all activities of different organizations fighting corruption are consolidated and coordinated by a Single organization. The Wafaqi Mohtasib Organization is not an anti-corruption agency. Its mandate extends to finding out the causes of maladministration and to recommend steps to remove its effects and recurrence.
Therefore, it will be in the fitness of things if all the anti-corruption organizations are placed under the control of the Wafaqi Mohtasib.
- Campaign on the national level. Psychological tactics may be applied. TV, Radio, and newspapers for the eradication of corruption may be used.
- Bring out social reforms, including justice, equality, etc.
- It is setting up a commission in the private sector to study the problems in-depth to eradicate it from its breeding places.
- Strict laws should be promulgated and impartially enforced.
- Privatization and deregulation are also very useful for this task.
- Tax reduction is necessary to avoid corruption. _Essay on Corruption
- Merit policy may be adopted everywhere, either in admission or recruitment.
- Forfeiture of the Ill-gotten Assets in favor of the government.
- Election patterns should be reformed, and a team of elections should be reduced.
- Accountability may be made compulsory on all politicians or Civil servants.
Nonetheless, the war against corruption must go on, and the political, economic and social factors contributing to corruption must be tackled resolutely. Otherwise, we will be touching only the fringe of the problem or beating the monster hard with a feather. What seems to be lacking and calls for our Immediate attention IS the aloofness and disinterestedness of the public in eradicating the evil of corruption from the society.
This lack of interest on the part of the masses has given rise to a multitude of social evils in all walks of life. In a democratic society, corruption is widely denounced and the defaulters are easily checked and brought to books. We too should work for a real democratic society where no one should be allowed to exploit anyone. Hope you enjoy to read the Essay on Corruption, Must share with your friends and keep visiting our site we provide information stuff.